i’m pretty sure this twitter account is how sexting works in night vale
i mean really
what is going on here
this is officially my new favourite thing
thank you for sharing it with us
SEXTS FROM THE VOID
i may be single but at least i’m a list on the kim kardashian game
He is taking a course on Marxist ideology.
He says, “The only real solution is to smash the system and start again.”
His thumb is caressing the most bourgeois copy of the communist manifesto that I have ever seen,
He bought it at Barnes and Noble for twenty-nine U.S. American dollars and ninety-nine cents,
Its hard cover shows a dark man with a scarved face
Waving a gigantic red flag against a fictional smoky background.
The matte finish is fucking gorgeous.
He wants to be congratulated for paying Harvard sixty thousand dollars
To teach him that the system is unfair.
He pulls his iPhone from his imported Marino wool jacket, and leaves.
What people can’t possibly tell from the footage on TV
Is that the water cannon feels like getting whipped with a burning switch.
Where I come from, they fill it with sewer water and hope that they get you in the face with your mouth open
So that the hepatitis will keep you in bed for the next protest.
What you can’t tell from Harvard square,
Is that when the tear gas bursts from nowhere to everywhere all at once,
It scrapes your insides like barbed wire, sawing at your lungs.
Tear gas is such a benign term for it,
If you have never breathed it in you would think it was a nostalgic experience.
What you can’t learn at Barnes and Noble,
Is that when they rush you, survival is to run,
I am never as fast as when the police are chasing me.
I know what happens to women in the holding cells down there and yet…
We still do it.
I inherited my communist manifesto,
It has no cover—
Because my mother ripped it off when she hid it in the dust jacket of “Don Quixote”
The day before the soldiers destroyed her apartment,
Looking for subversive propaganda.
She burned the cover, could not bring herself to burn the pages,
Hoped to God the soldiers couldn’t read,
They never found it.
So she was not killed for it, but her body bore the scars of the torture chamber,
For wanting her children to have a better life than she did,
Don’t talk to me about revolution.
I know what the price of smashing the system really is, my people already tried that.
The price of uprise is paid in blood,
And not Harvard blood.
The blood that ran through the streets of Santiago,
The blood thrown alive from Argentine helicopters into the Atlantic.
It is easy to say “revolution” from the comfort of a New England library.
It is easy to offer flesh to the cause,
When it is not yours to give.
Under a read more because seriously this is 172 episodes worth of trigger warnings and stuff so it’s longer than Crowley’s contract.*
disability fest — simon monroe (in the flesh)
"Why were you so depressed?"
"The way I was wired, I guess."
I’ve gotten a lot of questions about how individuals can help save the BBC3 television show In the Flesh, so I thought I would make a master list. I’ll keep this updated as I learn more and as events start and finish.
Step One: Watch the Show. Make others watch the show.
Here is a link to how to watch this show, if you haven’t. I believe the episodes are, in some form, up on YouTube as well (here is the first episode). These viewing methods do not create ratings for the show, but ensuring that more people have seen it ensures that more people become invested in the show, and subsequently in saving it. If you want to save the show, quickly getting as many people as possible invested in it through any means is crucial.
Though the episodes are not currently available on iPlayer (the BBC streaming program/site), you can check back at the pages (Series One | Series Two) to see if they have come back, and to give the pages hits. Watching through these methods would contribute to ratings, if they become available.
Step Two: Participate in Fandom-Support Events
There are several events currently in effect meant to help give attention to ITF and show that there is a fan base ready to support it. Participating to the best of your ability in these events is one of the most direct ways of helping.
- Event 1: Monthly #SaveInTheFlesh Social Media Sundays- This is a recurring event happening on the last Sunday of every month at 10pm UK time. (original post).
- Event 2: Fan Video Campaign- This is a fan-produced video comprised of clips sent in to this user by fans. Clips are of fans giving reasons why they love the show and want a series 3, and will be composed into one video to be given to TPTB. Submission period ends Aug 26th.
- Event 3: #SaveInTheFlesh Challenge- This is a creative-prompt challenge to produce more fan-created works. Ends Aug 1st.
Step Three: Make use of social media
- Twitter: Use the hash tags #InTheFlesh and #SaveInTheFlesh in original tweets. Follow the cast and creators (Dominic Mitchell, Luke Newberry, Emmett Scanlan, Emily Bevan, Harriet Cains, Kev Sutton, Marie Critchley, Alice Troughton, Damon Thomas, Dale McCready) and while you’re there send them a thank you! Tweet @BBCThree (x) and @BBCAmerica (x) to tell them you love #InTheFlesh and desire to see a series 3 produced.
- Facebook: Like the BBC3, BBCAmerica, and In The Flesh Facebook pages. Leave messages on all three of them expressing your feelings/support for the show and that you would like to see a series 3 produced.
- Tumblr: Tag your In the Flesh posts with “SaveInTheFlesh” or “Save In The Flesh.” Make use of the new mention feature and include @BBCThree and @BBCAmerica in your posts (when you type them in, they should automatically turn into “mentions” and alert both BBC3 and BBCA that you are talking about them and their zombie show). Create fanworks (fic, art, meta, playlists, gifs/photosets, etc) and share them. Submit to ITF collections like Voices of the Redeemed and Sirenfics and In The Flesh Confessions.
Step Four: Engage in free support methods
Sign the Petition to save BBC3. Pass on the post: (x)
Sign the Petition to give ITF a series 3.
Leave a review on the BBC store ITF DVD page (no purchase necessary!). Pass on the post: (x)
View the available video clips on the BBC site.
Share the ULA and Victus information pages directly from the BBC site.
Use the BBC’s appreciation comment page to send show praise and a polite request for more ITF. This is literally its intended function, and comments are stripped of personal info before being sent to the higher ups that make all those decisions about what stuff gets produced and shown.
- Visit and comment on articles written about/featuring ITF or its fandom. Comment that you enjoy the show, you want more of it, and that you are happy they chose to feature it in the article. This encourages media sites to feature ITF, which helps spread the show. [Article 1][Article 2][Article 3] [Group of Articles on DigitalSpy]
- Visit this interview with Dom Mitchell, creator of ITF, and leave a comment. Support further interviews (maybe for the cast?)
Step Five: Purchase/View legitimate copies of the show
- America - Amazon DVD and Instant Stream (same page | Region 1)- Only S1 is available for immediate DVD purchase. Series 2 is available for DVD purchase in October. Watch instantly option is available for both seasons. REMEMBER: If you purchase copies through Amazon, you are then able to leave a review. PLEASE DO SO.
- UK Amazon - DVD Series 1&2 | Bluray Series 1&2. REMEMBER: If you purchase copies through Amazon, you are then able to leave a review. PLEASE DO SO.
- iTunes instant download episodes. Series One. Series Two. You can also locate and download them from the iTunes program.
- BBC Store DVD/Bluray and Instant Download.
- If you are in America and use Time Warner Cable for television, you can view the episodes On-Demand. This does contribute to ratings/viewership.
Step Six: Download the Scripts
The scripts for both seasons are publicly available on the BBC website. Someone, somewhere, is watching the traffic for this page, and the number of downloads for the scripts. (Also they are a FANTASTIC read, with a lot of really cool information that you might not get just from watching (like that the treatment center was implanted into a retired slaughterhouse)).
If you have other methods or if you hear about other fandom events starting or happening, please don’t hesitate to let me know! I will happily update this post as things progress, so if you visit the original post you’ll get the most recent version of the master list.
Now, go forth and help save our show! We can do this!!
This is why I fucking love cats.
Eyes, nose, mouth, head, hands, ears and folds reference drawing tutorials.